I just read an alarming article in the local paper here in our lovely town of Pleasant Valley (NY) on the jeopardizing trend of bloggers (predominantly mothers) that post personal stories or family anecdotes that could pose significant threat of cyber-stalking or identity theft to the unsuspecting blogger. How unfortunate--both the world we live in and such unsuspecting naïveté!! Let me just say that such whimsical disregard for the lurking predator shall not be allowed on this blog and as I'm not one to question the growing presence of unjustified fear all around us and being a concerned citizen myself I want to clarify to all you first-timers out there that any and all such seemingly personal information to be gleaned from this site is entirely contrived based purely on the fictional imagination of a fanciful childhood and should not be taken seriously. Furthermore, for those seasoned readers privileged to read this novel in the making that I am sure already understand the motives and consequences here...just a reminder, all code names and aliases employed in this forum shall remain in force pending a more secure medium of open communication. Until then, please refrain from making any personal references that might be misinterpreted as being authentic or sincere.
-Recneps
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love it! I just want to say that you and Jessica and your two girls Michelle and Jenny are beautiful. We hope to come visit your home in West Valley as soon as we can. By the way, are you enjoying your job as a school teacher? Good thing you are a teacher, now you won't be a target for identity theft.
I have heard that some people are locking down their blog sites to "invited readers only" I haven't decided if that is really necessary or not yet. It's not like I'm posting my ssn. I guess if someone really wanted to steal my identity they could copy and paste my face from my blog and make a sweet fake I.D.? :)
Wish you guys could have come to the Island today.
Cheers
Post a Comment